The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 gives effect to the constitutional right to data privacy in terms of Section 14 of the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
- DreamBox conducts business in transport and, logistics and has affiliates with interests in property development and quarrying and to carry out its business does, and will, on an ongoing basis, receive, provide and process Personal Information.
- In terms of the POPI Act everyone has the right to privacy, including the right to the lawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of one’s Personal Information.
- To give effect to this right, DreamBox is under a duty to provide any person whose Personal Information is processed by it, (known as a “Data Subject”) with several details pertaining to the use of and subsequent processing of the Data Subject’s Personal Information, before such Personal Information may be used or processed.
- DreamBox sets out below the reasons why it will have to process a Data Subject’s Personal Information, the conditions under which it will receive and use a Data Subjects Personal Information, how DreamBox will use and handle this Personal Information, as well as the conditions under which it will provide its own Personal Information.
- 5.1 all DreamBox electronic platforms and facilities, including social media, websites and/or email, whether owned by, established by, used by, hosted by and/or accessed by DreamBox;
- 5.2 all and any Data Subjects, who may access and make use of the aforementioned electronic platforms and facilities, including employees and staff, consumers and customers, vendors, contractors, service providers and/or other third parties;
- 5.3 all the Personal Information which is owned by DreamBox and which is provided to any responsible parties and/or operators because of such person accessing or making use of its social media and electronic platforms.
- Accordingly, the relevant data privacy principles relating to the processing of Personal Information, whether that belonging to DreamBox or a Data Subject will apply to all and any Personal Information provided by DreamBox to another or received by DreamBox as a result of the use of the DreamBox electronic platforms and facilities.
AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND AND CONSENT
- By accessing or using the DreamBox electronic platforms and facilities and/or when sending or receiving emails, the Data Subject –
RECEIPT, USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DreamBox will receive Personal Information pertaining to a Data Subject when the Data Subject submits a query or request via its electronic platforms or facilities, including via its website, or by way of email, telephone or via social media or in writing.
- On receipt of the request or query, DreamBox will thereafter use and process the Data Subject’s Personal Information for the purpose of the query and for a variety of related purposes, which will all depend on the query or request, and which without detracting from the generality thereof may include –
- 11.1 for the purposes of identifying and / or verifying the Data Subject’s details;
- 11.2 for the purposes of providing information, products and/or services or details in connection therewith or pertaining thereto, that the Data Subject, may have requested;
- 11.3 for trade and credit application and/or purchasing purposes;
- 11.4 to enrol the Data Subject as a customer, business partner or vendor;
- 11.5 for the purpose of concluding an employment relationship with an applicant;
- 11.6 for the purposes of managing any information pertaining to the Data Subject;
- 11.7 for further processing or general administration purposes;
- 11.8 for legal or contractual purposes;
- 11.9 to help DreamBox improve the quality of its products and services;
- 11.10 to help DreamBox detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- 11.11 for the purpose of debt collection;
- 11.12 for the purposes of research, analytical and statistical purposes; and,
- 11.13 for the purposes of identify other products and services which might be of interest to the Data Subjects;
- To correctly handle any request or query, and to perform the purposes described above, DreamBox may from time to time share a Data Subject’s Personal Information with the following parties –
- 12.1 DreamBox employees;
- 12.2 DreamBox suppliers, which will only be done on a need to know basis;
- 12.3 DreamBox carefully selected business partners and service providers which will only be done on a need to know basis;
- 12.4 DreamBox does not share a Data Subject’s Personal Information with any third parties who have not been described above, unless –
- 12.4.1 DreamBox is legally obliged to provide such information to another for legal or regulatory purposes;
- 12.4.2 DreamBox is required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings;
- 12.4.3 the onward transmission or sharing of Personal Information is necessary for the pursuance or protection of DreamBox legitimate interests; and,
- 12.4.4 DreamBox is involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption and are using another agent or service provider under a mandate to provide such service, and the agent or service provider needs to process the Data Subject’s Personal Information for the purpose of investigating and or preventing any act of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption,
and under all the abovementioned circumstances, DreamBox will take reasonable measures to ensure that such Personal Information is only provided to the recipient, if such recipient undertakes to keep the Personal Information confidential and secure.
RECEIPT, USE AND TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- On receipt of, and in response to, a query or request received from a Data Subject, DreamBox may transmit via its website, in writing, or by way of email, telephone or via social media, its own Personal Information, which Personal Information on receipt by the requesting or receiving party, may only be used for the purpose relating to the initiating of the request or query and for no other purpose. Furthermore, the recipient undertakes that it will not use this Personal Information for any other purpose or share this information with any other party, save where it has been given express permission to do so by DreamBox.
- The information DreamBox may collect from its customers and suppliers help it to continually improve its products and services. This Personal Information may include names and contact information; ID/passport numbers; date of birth; preferred communication methods; bank details and credit card details.
- DreamBox may also collect the following information –
- 15.1 Special Personal Information being information relating to a Data Subject’s religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, health, sexual life or criminal behaviour. By providing this information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this policy.
- 15.2 Personal Information from children (under 18 years of age) only with the permission of their parent or guardian.
- 15.4 When a Data Subject uses the website or any mobile application or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email, SMS or BBM, DreamBox collects, stores and uses certain Personal Information that is disclosed;
- 15.5 CCTV footage from CCTV cameras on its sites for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating on the sites, please contact us; and,
- 15.6 Surveys for research purposes from time to time, although you do not have to respond to them.
INFORMATION QUALITY/OPENNESS/DATA SUBJECT PARTICIPATION
- Whilst DreamBox will make all effort to ensure the integrity and accuracy of a Data Subject’s Personal Information, this may not be possible. The Data Subject accepts the responsibility for keeping his/her/its Personal Information up to date and undertakes to inform DreamBox of any changes to that Personal Information.
- A Data Subject has a right of access to any Personal Information which DreamBox may have and where applicable may ask it to correct any inaccuracies in or to any such Personal Information.
- Any access request must be done by way of a formal request in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DreamBox makes all reasonable effort to keep its social media and electronic platforms including its website, secure at all times, however, it cannot guarantee the security of any information provided via its website, e-mail, internet or social media sites. DreamBox cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via these social media and electronic platforms or sites which is beyond its reasonable control.
- The DreamBox website may contain links to other websites and DreamBox is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of these third party-controlled websites.
- DreamBox has placed cookies on its website which contacts a Data Subject’s device to help make its social media and electronic platforms website operate better.
- DreamBox makes use of social plugins of social networks such as Facebook and YouTube. Please note that DreamBox has no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and DreamBox can accordingly not be held
responsible or liable for any processing or use of Personal Information transmitted via these social plugins.
- Subject to the provisions above, DreamBox has implemented the appropriate technical and organisational security measures which are required to protect all Personal Information and related data which it holds from and/or against unauthorised access, accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
REVISION OF POLICIES